At France Telecom/Orange, Six Sigma and Lean project portfolios are managed side by side with New Product Development, IT PPM, CapEx and other strategic initiatives and project portfolios. All project portfolios are driven by a single corporate-level strategy called NExT ("New Experience of Telecom"). Join Pierre Dunoyer de Segonzac (Head of Group Project Management, Certified MBB) as he describes the France Telecom top-down model of multi-initiative project portfolio management and governance. Glean insights into the role of Six Sigma project portfolios in a world driven by a corporate-level Project Management Office (PMO). France Telecom is a world leading telecom services provider that operates in 220 countries with over 158 million customers, 200,000 employees and $58 billion in revenue.
In this presentation you will learn best practices and lessons learned in areas like:
- Prioritizing operational excellence projects in a multi-initiative context.
- Using strategy alignment to drive project selection and to share and drive a common vision
- Balancing "local" priorities in a top-down multi-organization and multi-country deployment
- Leveraging a software platform to centralize multi-portfolio management
- Identifying critical success factors like establishing a strong governance model and single common model for financials and KPIs