Please join Dee Hope, Global Director, Program Management Office at Recall Corporation, as she describes a simplified approach to launching and maturing your resource scheduling and availability practice and, as a result, deliver significant value-add to the organization through more efficient resource utilization. Recall Corp. is an international information management services company with operations in 23 countries. The intent of Dee's recommended approach is to take the mystery out of this seemingly daunting practice and show the audience a simple way to get started without a significant technology investment and then leverage a more robust management tool once the process is adopted more broadly in the organization. Specifically, this presentation will describe how to:
- Take a tactical approach to building a standardized and sustainable resource management process that supports daily operations of projects and organizational stakeholders.
- Utilize familiar desktop tools initially and prepare the organization to leverage more sophisticated enterprise-class systems.
- Demonstrate quantifiable value to project stakeholders and executive management through the PMO's commitment to develop and maintain a process and a set of tools and templates that are easy to use.
- Generate reports that can assist any leadership team in making project priority decisions based on availability forecasts.
- Achieve buy-in and sustained management acceptance and support by being prepared to answer the questions: “what’s in it for me?” and “when can you deliver?”