The Resource Management Maturity Model™ (RMMM) enables organizations to define and execute an effective resource management strategy. It accomplishes this by helping stakeholders better align resource-related information needs with their level of project and portfolio management (PPM) process maturity and technology enablement.
IT organizations can use the RMMM toolkit to ensure they can manage project resources and capacity at the “just right” level of granularity for the business. The RMMM toolkit consists of:
- The RMMM White Paper for understanding the RMMM in detail
- The RMMM Slide Presentation for sharing the RMMM with colleagues
- The RMMM Webinar for reviewing RMMM concepts and listening to a Q&A
Specifically, the goals of the Resource Management Maturity Model toolkit are to:
- Provide resource managers, portfolio managers and business executives (the stakeholders) in project- intensive organizations with a framework and common language for communicating about resource management objectives, issues and outcomes.
- Deliver a roadmap and a guide for stakeholders that helps them characterize their current level of maturity and determine the optimal, aspirational level of maturity.
- Expose clearly the implications and consequences of aspiring to or operating at a particular level of resource management maturity in areas like data gathering and reporting requirements, software technology selection, governance infrastructure, and resulting business benefits.
- Prepare stakeholders to make better assessments of PPM software options for resource management and choose the solution that is best suited to meet current and projected needs.
If your organization needs help identifying and answering the most important resource-related questions confidently and consistently and understanding how to take measured steps in deploying the “just right” level of supporting process and technology, download the RMMM toolkit now.